Bracewell ranks consistently among the top law firms for merger and acquisition transactions in the financial industry. We have facilitated acquisitions, sales, mergers and roll-up transactions for major banks and financial institutions across the country. These transactions include:
- Whole bank acquisitions
- Savings banks and industrial loan company transactions
- Management buyouts
- Control, stake-out or passive private investments
- Branch acquisitions and divestitures
- Acquisition of insurance agencies, broker-dealers and finance companies
- Minority and joint venture investments
- FDIC receivership acquisitions
- Foreign bank and foreign investor transactions.
Our lawyers provide solutions grounded in real-world business strategy. We conduct effective due diligence reviews and are familiar with the key concerns of a prospective buyer or seller of a financial institution. These issues include tax, labor and employment, employee benefits, real estate, environmental, and antitrust concerns, among others.
We advise clients on all regulatory issues under the Bank Holding Company Act, Bank Merger Act, Change in Bank Control Act, and many other applicable federal and state statutes. In addition to standard antitrust clearances by the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and state regulators, our lawyers secure the required approvals of the Federal Reserve Board, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and other federal and state regulators.